Friday, May 31, 2013

First themed post....*drumroll please*

I'm putting my own spin on the common Throwback Thursday.  Welcome to....

FANGIRL FLASHBACK FRIDAY!!

I've had many celebrity interactions since the year 2001, and I think it would be fun to share those stories.  Much of these experiences happened at stage doors, concerts, and conventions, and sometimes they were completely random.  

I'm not looking to dig up gossip or talk trash, but I will be honest.  Some people may be A-listers, some people may be obscure.  I have pictures, detailed memories, and a lot of fondness.  I can still laugh even if it wasn't the friendliest interaction.  One thing I've learned over the years is that celebrities are human beings.  




This week's Entertainment Weekly Pop Culture Personality Test was taken by Matthew Morrison, and I think he's a good person to kick off this segment.  I'm also kind of bursting at the seams that we both saw Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade 7-8 times in the theatre and that we both still sing to New Kids on the Block.  Hey, we're right around the same age, it makes sense.  


Ha, nice freeze frame.

I first saw Morrison in The Rocky Horror Show revival on Broadway near the end of its run in 2001.  He was a Phantom kid and had a big fro and lots of eyeliner, black lipstick, and leather pants.  I called him Curly Haired Hot Guy from Rocky.  When he fell into the role of Link Larkin in Hairspray, I started freaking out, especially because it was so hard to get tickets.  I happened to get lucky and bought one for half price from a desperate lady when I was in the TKTS line.  The whole original cast was there that night except for Morrison.  I still have irrational dislike for his poor understudy John Hill.  I sucked it up and bought a full price ticket for a few months later.  He was there, and the angels sang.  Well, that might have been my pants.  It was even more joyous because I got to see Shoshana Bean as Tracy, and she was just fabulous.  Put it this way-  when a guy as hot and talented as Matt Morrison falls in love with a big girl 8 times a week, I'm gonna fall in love.  Hell, even Zac Efron got a pass from me in the movie version, but no one beats Matt as Link. 

This is a rather long introduction, but I feel it's necessary since he's made it so big as Will Schuester on Glee.  I stopped watching after the 2nd season, partially because I was sad that he essentially isn't more than an overly eager and oblivious douche who loves Journey.  I try not to pay much attention to tabloids and blind items, but people often do change when they become rich and famous.  I prefer the old days of swooning outside Broadway theatres and searching for photos and footage.  It was fun to see him briefly in the movies Music & Lyrics and Dan In Real Life which may have resulted in me bouncing in my seat while loudly whispering MattyMorrisonMattyMorrison!!!  I feel bad that I didn't see him in anything onstage after Hairspray, but as I had to be choosy with my shows (living two hours away with limited disposable income will do that to a person), I ended up passing on The Light In the Piazza and South Pacific.  I know, I know.  I kind of regret that, but I just couldn't justify potentially falling asleep for that ticket price.  I really like him as an actor, but there are only a select few that I will do anything to see in a show.  

I have a few shots from 2002.  One day I'll scan pix, but for now, the high quality phone shots will do!


That is some damn nice hair.

I'll mostly be cutting myself out of pictures, but you can have a glimpse.  This was during the Broadway Flea Market when he gave me a big ole "Hey, how YOU doin'" when I came up.  I don't care if he's a charmer, that still makes me feel so good.  OhgodletmebeyourTracy.


It was fun to say "Bitches, I saw him first," but now I just enjoy the nostalgia.  However, I think it's time to shuffle up the playlist and move the swoonworthy "It Takes Two" back into the top ten most played songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment